Monday, February 15, 2016

Project 8: Bulletin board for Alesya


Alesya had a hard time keeping track of the days of the week. And each day we had to ask her what day it was and remind her of what activity she had, or where she would be going. She has a very busy schedule between twice a week speech therapy, once a week ergo-therapy and judo. So I bought a cork bulletin board from Ikea
The idea was to cut the days of the week from iron on vinyl. I had ordered the colours, and was going to iron these on a blue cotton fabric. The challenge was how to add the cloth to the bulletin board. I tried to remove the frame, but could not do so without damaging. Then {lightbulb}: the board is made from cork and cork is heat resistant. What if I would iron the letters directly on the board. I tried it out on a cork coaster and nothing went up in flames. I did use parchment paper just in case. It worked and it stayed on. So now all I had to do was decide if I wanted to hang the bulletin board horizontally or vertically.
The activities were cut from the same vinyl, placed in a plastic envelop, heat sealed and cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment