Monday, February 15, 2016

Project 10: Bed cover


I just love African fabrics, they come in so many colours and designs and not necessarily only in the West-African batiks that we often see in pictures. My dear friend Sue who works in Africa regularly brings me some fabrics. Including this beautiful royal blue with white flowers and black rims. This blue is so my colour blue. When my friend saw it she knew she had to buy it for me.
I did not have to think long for what I would make of this gorgeous fabric: a bed cover. I took the measurements and started thinking how I would tackle this project. African fabric in the middle, a white board around it and then some more blue (or black) to finish off.
If I would use the same batik for the edges I would finish all my fabric in one project and I was not ready for that as I had some more ideas slowly growing. So I figured that time would tell what the outer ridge should be. I bought matching blue uni cotton and had to decide how wide the white strip would be
Almost done

No comments:

Post a Comment