Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Pinguin quilt and other goals

And January is here, I don't have fancy lists of UFOs ... I have a notebook in which I scribble. Each year I copy from my previous list what is pending. At the moment I have 16 projects waiting to be finished or started, not only quilting related. And these exclude my recent ideas and projects. Last year I had 11 complete finishes ranging from socks to mini quilts to large quilts. I made 1 quilt top that awaits quilting and binding. So not too bad all in all. This year I do want to be a bit more productive and get some long standing projects out of the way.

My main goals for this month are:

1) Penguin quilt

In 2021 I bought the fabric and pattern and in October I cut the fabric. In 2022 I made the head units. In 2023, this quilt needs to be finalized, starting with the top in January.

2) Slow stitching

My EPP TP Sunrise quilt is making very slow progress, one block a month is more or less my current rhythm, I skipped one month, so somewhere this year will need to make two blocks. I enjoy the process and love working with the bright TP fabrics. Even my fingers are less sore - using a thimble has not been successful so far. Fabrics were cut last month, so mainly sewing this month.

3) Ross Blanket

Three units are waiting - three only - that is an easy goal - finishing the weaving in of all ends would be a huge achievements and nurtures the idea that maybe, maybe, this blanket will actually become a finish and used.

3) Undo a knitted top

I started knitting a top in 2021, finished one panel and is too small. So need to remeasure and frog what I have made so far. As is, the half done project is just lying around in a bag and not of much use.


Linking up with Patty at Elm Street quilts' January OMG

No comments:

Post a Comment