Saturday, March 6, 2021

OMG March - a mix of projects

 Time to define my goals for this month.


1) Finish my project for my secret swap #tqsspringswap

This month I need to finalize my "object" for the spring cushion swap. I am in the group where we make different things and not necessary the cushion. I have the design worked out, the colours chosen and off I go.



2) Catch up with the Sewcialites SAL

The Fat Quarter Shop is organizing a QAL running over 35 weeks. I am a few blocks behind now, so  the aim of this month is to, at least, make all March blocks. I was pretty side tracked with work and swaps, now need to catch up and at least not get further behind.

 


3) Finish the geesey quilt

In November and December work was crazy. I needed lots of extra sewing to keep up with the stress at work. I decided to participate in the Geesey Geesy QAL organized by Stitched in Color. I finished the top early December and then had no idea how to quilt the top. I have the backing ... so what is stopping me ... afraid to mess this top. So I might send this to a long arm quilter and finish the binding towards the end of the month.

 



4) Harmony quilt

Elm Street Quilts and Simple Handmade Everyday are organizing a QAL, sewing by hand. I bought the pattern, and am already behind. I am not good at hand sewing and this would be a good opportunity to learn.  The idea is to make at least the first two steps



So quite some projects here. So for my March OMG I need to do at least 2 out of 4 projects. Doable? Well yes if I work less.



No comments:

Post a Comment