Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Project 12: Photography course


I bought a fancy photo camera in 2007. I took lots of lovely pictures with it, however I never took the time to read the manual and get myself acquainted with all the features it has. Nor do I take pictures in the manual mode. So time to change this. I signed up for a one-day photo course in Geneva and I loved it. We had some theory in the morning and after lunch we walked through Geneva. We had four sets of pictures to take: 1) portrait; 2) landscape (for which we went to Parc the Bastion); 3) city life and 4) more city life focusing on taking pictures of people. The latter was a real challenge as I am not used to take pictures of people I don't know.

There was a feedback session a week after the course during which we would receive feedback on our best 12 pictures. Some of the pictures were well received, others less. Some were well organized, maybe too well as the instructor asked me if I have all my garden magazines neatly organized, adding that my house myst be really nice and organized and neat. This really made me laugh, as I don't have garden magazines, nor is my house very neat. With three kids??? So take home message is to take more pictures and try to have them less structured/organized.

Shopping girls


Reflections


Southern style


Trees in window


City landscape

No comments:

Post a Comment