Friday, June 29, 2018

CRQ June OMG finish


I love the month of June, the evenings are longer, the weather is often the right temperature, not too hot and not too cold. What makes the month crazy is all the school and music activities.

Early June Alesya participated in the Judo competition at regional level, the highest she can go in her category and age. We were gone with the group of other judokas and parents the whole weekend. The week thereafter Alexei had his yearly rock concert where his group plays. We had great fun, he played very good and lots of compliments on what a great drummer he is.
The following evening Slava had the acoustic evening. All the pupils who play an instrument or are in the general music classes once a week have singing class. At the end of the year they sing. My poor youngest, he was soo tired and kept on yawning and stretching and so completely not wanted to be there. But once on stage there is no escape. Maybe next year I will spare him this torture and he will just not participate in the year end show.

Then the third weekend of June we had more events. On Saturday afternoon my DHB went paragliding, and I came along with him. It was such a great late afternoon high up with a great view on the lake of Annecy. I am so lucky to live in such a beautiful area.


The fourth weekend of June more musical events. The 21st of June is fete de la musique (music feast). Our village celebrated the Friday and Saturday. It was so nice to be out there, the kids all playing on the village square. On Sunday morning we got up quite early to take our boat on the lake. At 9:30AM we were out, just in time as many more early risers arrived. In the weekends one has to arrive around 9ish or9.30ish. After the wait is too long to put your boat in the water and parking spots are no longer available. Same for getting out, either before 4PM, or wait until after 6PM.


All in all, lots of events and not much time for crafting. I did manage to assemble all my blocks. I took out my quilt in progress and realized that one of the seems was not done properly. That will be fixed before I add the borders. A good thing I took the top out for a picture.


Herewith linking up with Patty from Elm Street Quilts and the One Monthly Goal for June. Thank you once more for keeping me on track.



1 comment:

  1. Pretty quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete