Sunday, March 25, 2018

New recipe 5: Mascarpone cakes


One can never have too many cake tins, ...... especially with three kids. As much as time allows in my busy schedule I try to make home make "4-hour" snacks for the kids that they take to school. For several reasons: 1) Alesya does not like most of the ready make cookies/cakes; 2) home made cakes are healthier as they do not have loads of colourings and preservatives; and 3) my kids just love it when I bake for them, or in the case of Slava he just loves to help me.

As I cannot make the same cakes over and over, I used this mascarpone recipe that was given with the new cake tin I had bought allowing to make five different little cakes at a time. The basic recipe is easy to make and to adapt to any flavour.



Ingredients:
3 eggs
250gr sugar
250gr of mascarpone
300gr flour
1/2 sachet of baking powder


Preparation:
Beat the eggs with the sugar until light and fluffy
Mix in the mascarpone
Add the flour and baking powder
Fill the cake tin and choose a different topping for each cake

1) add a teaspoon of unsugared cacao and mix gently
2) add lemon rind and lemon juice of half a lemon, mix gently and sprinkle with coconut
3) add chocolate chips and mix gently
4) add lemon rind and lemon juice of half a lemon, mix gently
5) add two table spoons of praline

Bake for some 20 minutes at 170 degrees C.


27 January

No comments:

Post a Comment